Sunday, September 23, 2012

Those foolish nights

The poem #03 (1990 – 1991)

Those foolish nights

I fell in love with a lady,
a real beauty in my eyes.
But sadly she loved another,
and her heart will never be mine.

How I long to see her,
and have her by my side.
How I long to hold her,
the lady of my delight.

So foolishly I waited,
under the cold distant sky.
Though I knew she will never come,
but still I had to try.

I sang to my faithful shadow,
as I waited alone in vain,
a song about a sad love story
a song of desire and pain.

Why was I so crazy?
I really do not know,
but I was a foolish young man then,
and that was so long ago.

The story behind this poem

I used to wait for this girl every night at a park near her house. I knew that occasionally between 7 – 10pm, she would bring her dog out for a walk there. So I waited…and waited…and waited… Sometimes I was lucky and managed to catch a glimpse of her. Most of the time, I wasn’t so lucky. During one of those nights, I wrote this poem. No, I was not a stalker, just a foolish young man.

No comments:

Post a Comment